Choose one character and write a letter from their perspective:
It is end of the second chapter. How would you describe the experience to people back home? The letter may be addressed to parents, a friends, a relative or something more creative.
Dear Auntie,
How are you? I'm not good. We crashed on an island without any civilization! It's horrible! I'm here with some other smaller kids and some in my age. We found a shell, you know one like my friend once had. You remember you wouldn't let me blow it. Ralph blew it and then all the others came out of the forest. That's how we met everyone. Then we elected a leader - my idea - : Ralph. I give him all the ideas. We made a fire and therefore we used my glasses to light the fire. That was also my idea, but Jack just took them from my face. He is so rude. I absolutely don't like him. Besides he is violent.
I told Ralph that the children at home always called me Piggy but that he shouldn't tell anyone. But he told it EVERYONE during a meeting. I was so hurt. I asked him not to, but he did. It seemed as if he just did because he wanted to hurt me. He doesn't respect me. He tries to hide me. Also because I give him all the intelligent ideas. I just feels bad.
But we set up rules: that who ever has the shell is allowed to speak and everybody has to shut their mouth. Also my idea! They follow this rule for everyone, every little kid, but not when I have the shell. Jack wouldn't let me talk. He's is so childish and stupid. The others are also very childish. They just run up the hill to make a fire, but don't think about what they need to make a fire. It's childish and stupid. They don't realize that they're not on vacations. So unrealistic! They think it is all fun, and we will be rescued because everybody knows we're here, but no one knows. I have the task to organize them and tell them what to do. Although I still have to figure out how. But I will do it!
I miss you!
Love Piggy
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
1 Kommentar:
Hi Sarah,
Thanks for getting this posted. When you do projects like this, try to incorporate the voice of the character from whom the letter is written.
Also - always indent new paragraphs. This is an easy fix.
Kommentar veröffentlichen